Thursday, January 3, 2019

Thankful Thursday

 
 
It's a new year!
 
As we begin 2019, I'm reminded that God specializes in making me new
 
2 Cor. 5:17 tells me about that:
Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.
 
I'm so thankful God has made me new
 
I'm thankful I am in Christ
 
I'm grateful He came to be the Savior of the world
 
I'm thankful:
 
 for His shed blood in payment for my sin
 
for His exemplary life
 
for His humility in submitting to the Father's will
 
for His power over sin and death
 
His grace is sufficient for all my sin and my weaknesses
 
He is my rock of defense, my fortress
 
He is a generous provider who knows and supplies for all my needs
 
He is my light and my salvation
 
for His patience with me
 
He knows the future and I can trust Him with all my unknowns
 
His ways are higher than my ways and His thoughts go far beyond my thoughts

He is preparing a home for me

His mercies are new every morning

He is the way, the truth, and the life

He is the creator and sustainer of the universe

He is big enough to rule over all creation, and yet personal enough to know me by name

His peace guards my heart and mind; I have no need to worry

As I begin this new year, I'm thankful for the good works God has prepared for me, and desire to be faithful to walk in them
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment