Thursday, February 21, 2019

Thankful Thursday

Temptation is a part of life
 
we all face it; we live in a fallen world, and as a result, we are surrounded by sin
 
For me, some sin is absolutely abhorrent, but some is enticing
 
and that is where temptation enters in
 
when I am drawn toward sinful activity that seems to offer some type of pleasure, what do I do?
 
I was thinking about 1 Cor. 10:13 today, as I reflected on a victory over temptation
 
In that verse, I see a promise of outside help in facing temptation
 
I know it's easy for me to feel like I'm alone, or the only one dealing with a particular sin issue when tempted
 
but this verse assures me that the temptations I face are common; others are tempted by the same things
 
the verse goes on to say that God stands with me, and provides for victory over temptation
 
I'm thankful for His abiding presence
 
I'm thankful I don't have to rely on my own strength for victory in my battle against sin
 
In Eph. 6, I'm encouraged to stand firm, but it's not in my own strength
 
I'm thankful God is powerful; He has already defeated sin
 
He is never tempted to do evil
 
He is always righteous and good
 
I'm very thankful He clothes me in His righteousness
 
I'm thankful that because of Jesus' death and resurrection I have newness of life and I can walk in victory
 
I'm thankful His blood cleanses me from all sin, washing me clean
 
I'm thankful for God's Spirit who fills me and guides me into truth

Temptation gains traction in my life when I drift away from truth and begin to believe the lie

I'm thankful for God's word where I find truth to combat the lies

I'm thankful for the grace and mercy God shows me everyday 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment