Thursday, February 14, 2019

Thankful Thursday

 
 
I've been really tired in the evenings lately.  Last Thursday, I fell asleep and never even thought about my Thankful Thursday post.
 
And here I am, almost an hour late with this week's post; just waking up from falling asleep on the couch again.
 
That said, I'm thankful for the way God has designed our bodies to get rest, and for the refreshment that comes from sleep.
 
I'm thankful God is the creator and sustainer of life
 
Today was Valentine's Day
 
I'm thankful God is love
 
Thankful He gave me a wife to share life with, to love and cherish
 
I'm thankful for our three children that are a result of this love relationship we share
 
I'm thankful for the support and encouragement of my wife and kids
 
I certainly know I'm not the perfect husband or father, but I'm grateful for the grace that each of them extends to me as I journey through life
 
And I'm very thankful God is gracious and merciful with me
 
I'm thankful He is a God who delights in reconciling people to Himself; that He offers forgiveness from my sinful state, drawing me out of darkness into His glorious light
 
I'm thankful that though I stumble at times, I am not utterly cast down, because His right hand holds onto me, picking me up, setting me back on my feet
 
I'm thankful God directs my path, and promises to teach me the way I should go
 
I'm thankful for the confidence and hope that comes from knowing He is always with me, that He is faithful and true to His word
 
Over and over in my life I have seen God fulfill His promises to me
 
I'm so grateful He is a God who is near
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment