Thursday, August 15, 2019

Thankful Thursday


It's been a long week

Routine got thrown out the window

uncertainty and change became the norm

But in the midst of all the chaos

I'm thankful for the One who is an anchor for my soul

God is my rock, my fortress, my strong tower

As I was reading in James this morning

I was reminded once again of His steadfast love and His faithfulness

verses 5 and 6 of chapter 1 gives me instruction on how I approach God

the first step is to recognize my need

"if any of you lacks wisdom..."

Yes indeed, I find myself in that phrase

but it's not always wisdom I'm lacking

other needs arise as well

the second step is to ask

"...let him ask of God"

verse 6 gives a bit more instruction on this step

"But let him ask in faith without any doubting"

and then there's a description of the one who doesn't heed this part

"for the one who doubt is like the surf of the sea driven and tossed by the wind"

back in verse 5, I'm told what happens when I ask in faith

God is the One who gives generously and without finding fault  and when I acknowledge my need and ask of Him, He gives

I'm thankful God is a generous giver

I'm thankful I don't need to be tossed about by the ever changing circumstances of life

I'm thankful that He is good, all His ways are righteous

I'm thankful He is holy

I'm thankful God is trustworthy

I'm grateful He is my strength and my song

I'm thankful God holds me in His hand and there is nothing that can pluck me away from Him

because He is greater than all

all my circumstances

all my fears

all my shortcomings

all spiritual forces

all my problems

I'm thankful God knows these things and He continues to give me grace to overcome

I'm no longer a slave to fear

I'm so thankful I am a child of God

He is a shield about me and the lifter of my head

No comments:

Post a Comment