Thursday, August 22, 2019

Thankful Thursday


There are so many things I'm thankful for

I was at the eye doctor this evening for another check on the status of my right eye

Although I have issues with my vision, I'm very thankful for what I can see

I'm also thankful for the spiritual vision God has given me

as the song says-- I once was blind but now I see

On Sunday, a young man asked me how I was doing

I replied, "Better than I deserve!"

He asked, "Why do you say that?"

My response was, "because I'm a sinful creature who has experienced a whole lot of God's grace."

I'm thankful God doesn't always give me what I deserve

I'm thankful He is compassionate and slow to anger

I'm thankful He does open the eyes of the blind

I'm thankful God transforms hearts and renews minds

I'm thankful He gives me a song to sing

music is a gift

as I was reading in James the other morning, 

"every good thing bestowed, and every perfect gift is from above..."

I'm thankful God gives me good and perfect gifts every day

He is faithful and unchanging

I'm thankful for God's amazing grace poured out on sinners like me

No comments:

Post a Comment