Thursday, October 17, 2019

Thankful Thursday


I've been fighting a bug this week.  

I'm thankful I don't get sick very often!

But this one caught me by surprise and hit me hard

I'm thankful for a loving wife who sacrifices and serves me on a regular basis

and then goes the extra mile when I'm not feeling good

On top of that, she prepared and delivered meals to two friends who are going through difficult times right now

I am very grateful for the gift God has given me in her

She has been His hands and feet of blessing in my life for going on 35 years

and I'm sure there's a crown waiting for her when her work here is ended!

I'm thankful for a steady job, and thankful that I've had lighter duty work the last couple of days while I was feeling under the weather

I'm thankful God is a provider

He know my every need and faithfully meets those needs 

I'm thankful He gives strength for each day

I'm thankful for creation and the beauty God has placed all around me

and grateful He has given me eyes to be able to enjoy that beauty

This past weekend, we drove to upstate New York to visit family

The leaves were beautiful as we drove up through the Catskill mountains and on up into the Adirondacks

I'm thankful for the chance to connect with most of my family

I'm definitely a home body

it was good to return to my own familiar surroundings and my own bed!

I'm thankful for the home God has provided for us

yesterday was my grandson's first birthday

I'm thankful for technology that allowed us to participate in his birthday party

and especially thankful God blessed our family in giving us Hudson

even though he and his family live far away, I'm thankful for the chance to watch him grow and develop through the pictures and videos my daughter sends our way

I'm thankful for a daughter and son-in-law who are committed to training him up in God's truth

I'm thankful God's grace is sufficient for me

and thankful His power is perfected in my weakness

I'm thankful I don't have to earn my way into favor with God

eternal life with Him is a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment