Thursday, October 24, 2019

Thankful Thursday


I got pulled over by a police officer this morning

when I saw him make a U turn and hit his lights, I wondered what I had done wrong

Turns out there was a driving law I was unaware of

I was talking with my wife on the phone with my ear buds on

he informed me that it was against the law to drive while wearing earbuds

I told him I did not realize that, and asked some clarifying questions

he gave me a warning. showed me the section in his code book and told me to have a nice day

i'm thankful for grace  

especially thankful he didn't give me the $142.00 ticket he could have!

I'm sure there are more laws like that, that I unknowingly break from time to time

and unfortunately, there are also some laws that I sometimes just choose to ignore

I'm thankful God has given me a code book, the Bible, so I will know what He requires of me

and I'm thankful He extends grace to me when I stumble along and fail to live up to His standards

I'm thankful He offers forgiveness as I confess my sin to Him

I'm thankful I can ask clarifying questions, and He patiently directs my thoughts to understand His desires for me

As I was driving through the country today, the colors of autumn were very vivid

I'm thankful for the beauty God has created all around me

and thankful for eyes to see that beauty

I read a verse in Psalms recently that talked about God opening the eyes of the blind

and we are told in Scripture that the devil attempts to blind the eyes of the unbelieving so that won't recognize the truth

I'm thankful God, in His mercy, opened my blind eyes and revealed Himself to me

thankful He continues to open the eyes of my understanding so that I can see Him more clearly

I'm thankful for the many ways He shows up in my life

and I'm thankful that one day I will stand before Him and see Him in all of His glory and have the opportunity to worship Him forever

all creation shouts His praise

I join in that symphony of praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment