Thursday, October 3, 2019

Thankful Thursday


Some days are painful

just getting out of bed in the morning can be a struggle

and then as the hours creep by, events unfold with what appears to be a downward spiral

until I'm eventually wondering if there is any hope of salvaging something positive from the day

that's when I need to focus my thoughts on God's truth

to fix my gaze on my Savior and allow His sacrificial love to sustain me

the author of Hebrews tells me to consider what Jesus has done so that I won't grow weary or lose heart

and in his letter to the Galatians, Paul encourages them to "not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary."

I'm so thankful I have a loving Father who has sacrificed much for me so that I can be in relationship with Him

I'm thankful for Jesus' willingness to obey the Father even to the point of death

I'm thankful God's grace is sufficient for everything I face

thankful that His power is perfected in my weaknesses

I'm thankful God's mercies are new every morning

thankful He doesn't deal with me in anger as my sins deserve, but He is patient and kind

I'm thankful God's faithfulness doesn't fluctuate with my level of faith

I'm thankful God is light, He's the source of light, and therefore doesn't hide in the shadows

I'm thankful God is a rock, He is steady and sure, solid and unmovable

I'm thankful He is my Shepherd, He knows and meets all my needs

I'm thankful God is the bread of life and living water

thankful He satisfies and fills me up with Himself 

I'm thankful I have no need to fear

thankful He offers rest for the weary, refuge for the down trodden, comfort for the broken hearted, and hope for sinners

I'm thankful God enables me to take every thought captive and renews my mind

I'm thankful He gives me a song of praise

I can say with the Psalmist, "Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips will praise You."

Life my seem hard, and it is definitely uncertain, but God is an overcomer

so I don't need to focus on life, but rather on Him and His truth

for that I am very thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment