Thursday, December 19, 2019

Thankful Thursday

I've been memorizing Ps. 86

It's been a while since I committed to memorizing more than a verse or two

I'm thankful for impact God's word has on my life when I make that effort to hide it in my heart

I'm also thankful for the shift in focus when I'm memorizing

there are so many distractions the enemy uses to keep me from walking the path of obedience

thankful for the truth of Ps. 119:9

"How can a young man keep his way pure?  By keeping it according to Your word."

I'm not sure I fit the description of a young man anymore, but that truth is timeless

I'm thankful for the way God uses His word to instruct, chasten, and encourage me

some of the encouragement I've been getting as I've meditated on Ps. 86:

thankful God hears my prayers

thankful He is good, and ready to forgive

thankful I can worship Him and glorify His name

thankful God is a teacher

there is no one who compares with God.  He alone is worthy of my praise

thankful for His lovingkindness toward me

today was a bitter cold day; I'm really thankful I had inside work!

my current job involves quite a bit of commute time

one of the blessings of that is it gives me an opportunity to connect with friends

I'm thankful for the relationships God has blessed me with

and thankful for people who help me stay awake and alert when I'm driving after a long hard day of work

it also provides time for prayer; which sometimes helps me not get frustrated with other drivers

3/5 of my kids and my grandson will be joining us here in PA for Christmas

I'm thankful for time to gather as family and share together

we have so much to be grateful for

thankful Jesus came and lived among men

thankful He obeyed the Father by going to the cross

thankful He offers redemption and reconciliation to all who put their trust in Him


No comments:

Post a Comment