Thursday, December 26, 2019

Thankful Thursday


yesterday was Christmas day

a day many use to celebrate Jesus' birth

for some it's just another day to endure

and for others it's all about accumulation

but I'm thankful for focused time with my family

remembering the sacrifices God made to bring reconciliation with fallen man

Scripture tells us Jesus was chosen long before time on earth began to be the Sacrificial Lanb

I'm thankful He was willing to give up His glory in heaven and take on human form

I'm thankful Jesus lived an exemplary life 

I'm thankful He is Immanuel, God with us

thankful for music and Christmas carols that remind us of so many wonderful truths about Jesus coming

thankful for a holiday that gathers family together

it's been great to have most of our family here

and a special blessing to get to hang out with my grandson

also thankful we got to hang with Abigail and Rick via modern technology

I remember a TV program from my days as a much younger fellow where they portrayed people seeing the person they were talking to on the phone and thinking at the time that was impossible.

now we have multiple opportunities for that form of communication 

time with family is just another reminder of the relationship God desires with each one of us

thankful He is a loving Father

thankful He is patient with me as I stumble along in this life

thankful God is good, and ready to forgive

thankful He invites me to communicate with Him personally

and thankful for the confidence that He responds when I cry out to Him

I don't know what the year ahead my hold;

wouldn't it be great if Jesus returned?

No comments:

Post a Comment