Thursday, February 13, 2020

Thankful Thursday


had some neat interaction with a friend from Louisiana today

he's going through a rough time, needing to be off work for 6 weeks

that's especially challenging since he owns his own business with quite a few employees

at one point, he said, "God has a way of whipping you into shape."

I'm thankful God is involved in my life, investing in me, prodding me when I need it, pushing me toward growth and maturity

I'm thankful He is a God who is near

in a world where people tend to lean toward isolation, I'm thankful for the relationships God has provided and the people He puts in my path

I was talking with a coworker during lunch about how as christians we continue to move toward holiness and don't give up even though we know we won't be perfect until we see Jesus face to face

sometimes I'm tempted to just throw in the towel when I get something wrong for the umpteenth time

but I'm thankful for God's Spirit who continues to encourage me and pick me up when I stumble and fall

I'm thankful God offers His forgiveness 

I'm thankful He is a God of mercy and grace, that He is slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness and truth

I'm thankful God is a shield about me and the lifter of my head

recently, it seems I've been seeing more and more accidents on the road

I'm thankful for God's protection

whenever I think about all the miles I put on my vehicles and the importance of staying alert and cautious, I'm especially thankful God is in control, not me

His hand guides me, covers me, and at times disciplines me

God is trustworthy

I'm thankful He knows the future, He can see around the next bend in the road

I'm thankful God is preparing me for what lies ahead

I'm thankful for the way God uses His word to instruct and encourage me


No comments:

Post a Comment