Thursday, February 20, 2020

Thankful Thursday


I typically am driving anywhere from an hour and 15 minutes to an hour and 40 minutes to my job sites each day.

I often talk with my mom when I'm driving home at the end of the day, and she expresses concern about how far I have to travel

not too long ago, she told me she was praying that I would get work closer to home

last week one day, I worked in Lancaster City, about 15 minutes from my house

and this week I started a job in Ephrata, 20 minutes from home

it's a pretty involved job, so I'll probably be there for a couple weeks

I must say, although I don't mind the travel, it is nice to be working so close to home

I'm thankful for a mom who is concerned and who prays

I'm thankful for shorter work days, especially right now when my son is in town

I'm thankful for my wife

she's my best friend, and my biggest supporter

I'm thankful for her words of encouragement

she definitely has a gift in saying things that brighten my day

I'm thankful for her servant's heart

I reap that benefits of that often, but I know there are many others who do as well

I'm thankful for her love for the Lord, and her commitment to serving Him

I'm thankful for a milder winter

I enjoy walks with my wife, but usually don't do a lot of that in the wintertime, just because I don't like going out walking when it's cold and blowing

but there have been quite a few days this winter when I've asked my wife if she wants to go for a walk.  And she's always eager to do that

I'm thankful for the conversations we can have when we are out walking, away from the computer and the phones

I'm thankful for our times of praying together

and I know she prays for me throughout the day also

I'm very thankful for a wife who takes me before the Father often

and I'm thankful that Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father 

I surely need all the prayer I can get

I'm thankful God hears and responds when we cry out to Him

I'm thankful He is faithful and true


No comments:

Post a Comment