Thursday, February 6, 2020

Thankful Thursday


It's been a while since I captured my thoughts on thankfulness here

I've struggled to be consistent recently, not because there's little to be thankful for, but because I find myself fighting sleep in the evenings when I get home from work and sit down on the couch

I am thankful for my job

thankful for work that is consistent

thankful that at the end of the day, I know I've put in the effort and made some improvement

I'm thankful for a bed to sleep in

I don't have any problem with insomnia

I'm thankful I can lay down in peace and sleep knowing God is here with me

I'm thankful God is the author and sustainer of life

thankful He is preparing a place or me to live eternally

I'm thankful He has adopted me into His family, and calls me His son

I'm thankful God is forgiving and redemptive

thankful He extends His grace to me every day

I'm thankful God is a shield about me

thankful I have no need to fear

when circumstances become difficult and the way ahead unclear, I'm thankful my God is a rock and a sure foundation

I'm thankful God provides counsel and direction

thankful He is an example I can pattern my life after

I'm thankful He has blessed me with family and friends

thankful I don't have to walk this journey of life alone

I'm thankful God is a God who is near and not far off

thankful He has provided a means of communicating with Him through prayer

thankful He speaks through His word

I'm thankful He opens the eyes of the blind, makes the dumb to speak, and the deaf to hear

may His voice always be clear

No comments:

Post a Comment