Thursday, September 10, 2020

Thankful Thursday


for a number of years now, I have struggled with my vision

having one eye that is always sending a blurred image to the brain while the other one tries to bring clarity to the situation presents some unique challenges

and for the past year, reading had become very difficult to the point where I avoided it as much as possible

but after visiting my eye doctor last week and making some changes in my glasses prescription, I ordered new glasses

they arrived on Tuesday, and I'm delighted with the improvement

the simplest way I can put it is that I can now tell the difference between a comma and a semi-colon

I'm thankful to be reading again without the strain

I'm thankful for the report that my right eye is stable and not continuing to deteriorate

I'm thankful God gives wisdom to doctors to know how to help 

I won't ever have perfect vision until I get my new glorified body on the other side

but for now I'm grateful for some improvement

I'm thankful for Jesus, who opens the eyes of the blind

in a small way I can identify with physical blindness

but in a larger way I understand the blinding influence of the devil

he comes to deceive, kill and destroy any who would choose to follow Christ

I'm thankful I am held in the hand of the creator of the universe

He is my Rock and my Deliverer

He is my Refuge

I'm thankful God's mercies are new every morning

I'm thankful God is a provider

He knows all my needs even better than I know myself

I'm thankful God gives strength to the weak

thankful He gives rest to the weary

I'm thankful God has clothed me in His righteousness

I know that if I had to count on my own good deeds, I'd drown in a heartbeat


No comments:

Post a Comment