Thursday, September 3, 2020

Thankful Thursday

 

I've been spending time in Psalm 71 this week

There so much truth in this passage to be thankful for

I'm thankful God is my refuge and my rescuer

I'm thankful there's no need to feel shame in that

although some people would consider faith a crutch, they have no idea the blessing they are missing out on by disregarding faith

I'm thankful God has a listening ear, He hears when I call out to Him

I'm thankful God provides a place for me to which I can always come

I'm thankful God gives me hope and confidence

I'm grateful He is the One who sustains my life

I'm thankful God is full of righteousness

thankful He gives salvation to those who trust in Him

I'm thankful God is my teacher

I'm thankful God revives me, that He picks me up when I stumble

I'm thankful God is my comforter

These truths cause me to offer up praise to God

they put a song in my heart

they give me opportunity to proclaim His greatness

I'm thankful God gives me opportunities to tell of His glory

to speak of His mercy and grace

just the other day, I had an occasion to engage with a coworker in a discussion about goodness

he was of the opinion that some sins are unforgivable

I asked Him where he would draw that line

I'm thankful God saw my need and sent Jesus to redeem me from my wickedness

as I conversed with my coworker, I expressed to Him how desperately I am in need of a Savior

I'm thankful God poured out His wrath on Jesus rather than me

so grateful for grace and mercy 


No comments:

Post a Comment