Thursday, June 10, 2021

Thankful Thursday


God gave me another song recently

about a year ago I memorized Ps. 86

and from time to time I've thought about putting it to music

this psalm is full of truths about who God is and what our response to Him looks like

I'm thankful that God is always good

thankful He is a forgiving God

thankful His mercy is abundant

where would I be apart from God?

it's scary to even think about!

I know that He has rescued me out of darkness

I'm so thankful God now invites me to walk in light and enjoy fellowship with Him

I'm thankful God brought sight to my blind eyes

thankful He opens my ears to hear His voice

I'm thankful God is my strength and my song

the psalmist says that God has put a new song in his mouth

and I can echo that

He also puts a new song in my hands

I often will sit at the piano and just play

there are so many times when I sense God guiding my fingers as I worship Him in music

in Psalm 86 David asks God to teach him His way and to unite his heart to fear God's name

that's something God loves to do

I'm thankful He is my teacher

thankful He is the molder of my heart

I'm thankful for my family

I've had extra opportunities to connect with family this week

got to sit out back this evening with my wife and her dad and brother

and then later, got to talk with my son on the phone 

I'm so thankful for the relationships God has blessed me with

I'm thankful for God's Spirit

thankful for His promptings

thankful He is producing His fruit in my life

I'm thankful for rest and refreshment

I'm thankful for Jesus and His sacrificial death on the cross for my sins

the words to a song ring true:

"my sins they are many His mercy is more!"

so thankful

No comments:

Post a Comment