Thursday, June 17, 2021

Thankful Thursday


I am thankful for Jesus; my Savior, my Intercessor, my Lord

thankful He left heaven's glory, submitted to the Father, and became the Sacrifice for sin

I'm thankful He endured the Father's full wrath

thankful He conquered death, rose from the tomb, and now sits enthroned in glory with the Father

thankful Jesus will return one day to usher me into the presence of God forever

I'm thankful for opportunities to share that message with others

thankful for the work of God's Spirit, convicting people of their ultimate need:

salvation through the blood of Christ

thankful too for His work in my life, revealing God's glory, showing me my failures, and reminding me of God's forgiveness and grace

I'm thankful for God's continual presence with me; thankful for His promise to never leave me or forsake me

I'm thankful for the strength and energy God provides each day as I go to work

I thoroughly enjoy my job, but it is physically taxing

let's just say I don't have any problem falling asleep at night!

I'm thankful God gives wisdom as I seek Him

thankful He is my song

I'm thankful for God's word, for the promises found in it, for the instruction it provides

I'm thankful God speaks to me through His word

thankful He gives me ears to hear His voice

thankful He has given sight to this man who once was blind

I'm thankful God has poured out favor in my life in allowing me to find a wife

so thankful for Chris, her love and support, her encouraging words, her quiet spirit

thankful we can enjoy one another's company

thankful for a peaceful home

I'm thankful God has blessed me with children

as we are coming up on Father's Day this Sunday, I'm very thankful God allowed me to be a father

and very thankful He is my Father

I'm thankful for music

more and more frequently I find myself sitting down at the piano in the evenings

it's a chance to quiet my soul after a busy day

God is worthy of my praise

I'm thankful His mercies are new every morning

thankful for God's patience with me

thankful He continues to mold and shape me; the master sculptor chiseling away at my rough edges

thankful I am His workmanship

thankful He has created me for good works

oh that I would recognize the doors God is opening before me and be courageous in walking through them

No comments:

Post a Comment