Thursday, June 24, 2021

Thankful Thursday


my work week is done

I leave in the morning for a quick trip to upstate New York to visit family

I'm thankful for the chance to go

family relationships can sometimes be complicated

but I'm hopeful my wife and I can be a blessing and encouragement

because of the pandemic, we were not able to see most of them last year

it's been almost 2 years since I saw my mom and brothers

I'm thankful for the beautiful weather we've been enjoying this week

and thankful for some outside work which gives me even more time to enjoy it

Scripture tells us the heavens declare God's glory

as I stepped outside early this morning, I was able to see that display

thankful for God's glory, and for the beauty He has created

the psalmist says when he gazes into the night sky and sees the moon and stars which God has made

he is overwhelmed by the fact that the God of creation pays any attention to him and actually loves him

I am thankful God sees me and knows me

I'm especially thankful He loves me

thankful God has revealed Himself to me and made me a partaker of grace

the vastness of the universe humbles me

I'm such a small part of something unfathomable

and yet God knows me intimately

I'm grateful beyond words


No comments:

Post a Comment