Thursday, May 5, 2022

Thankful Thursday

 

I've been reading over the account of Jesus' meeting with the Samaritan woman at the well

I'm so thankful Jesus is the Living Water

thankful He satisfies the thirsty soul

in the midst of a culture that promises fulfillment in many different ways, but only disappoints, I'm thankful Jesus never falls short

but it is easy to fall into the trap of drinking water that doesn't satisfy and wondering why I need more and more

I'm thankful Jesus continues to invite me to drink from His well

thankful the water He gives becomes a well of water springing up to eternal life

I'm thankful Jesus is all knowing

it's funny how the woman responds when Jesus tells her about her failed marriages and current immoral relationship

"Sir, I perceive You are a prophet."

you think?!

but even though Jesus knows all, the good, the bad, and the ugly, He still loves me so much He was willing to go to the cross to purchase salvation for me and for anyone who believes

I'm thankful for that depth of love

I'm thankful for His obedience to the Father

I'm thankful for His example

His statement to the disciples when they return from town with food

"My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me."

that's the food I want to be hungering for

I'm thankful Jesus is the Bread of Life

thankful He is the Good Shepherd

thankful for His leading in my life

I'm thankful I'm an adopted son 

thankful God knows my name

life's been a bit challenging lately

but I'm thankful for God's promise that His grace is sufficient

thankful His power is perfected in my weaknesses

I'm thankful I don't have to lean on my own understanding

thankful God gives wisdom generously

thankful He is the giver of every perfect gift

I'm thankful as we approach Mother's Day that God has blessed me with children

and thankful for the godly woman who is their MOM


No comments:

Post a Comment