Thursday, September 8, 2022

Thankful Thursday


Yesterday was a day of prayer

a lot of time was spent seeking the Father on behalf of others

I'm so thankful God is a prayer hearing and prayer answering God

thankful He is not just some idol made of wood or stone

unable to hear or talk or move

He is alive and active

I'm thankful He is responsive when I call out to Him

and He made that known so vividly yesterday

I personally saw Him answer a number of prayers

and I received reports from others of how God answered prayer in their lives

I'm thankful God invites us to communicate with Him

and thankful for His promise that when we draw near to Him, He in turn draws near to us

One of the things I've been asking God for each morning is that He would give me a song

I'm thankful for how God is answering that prayer

there have been a number of songs running through my head the last few days

this evening when I got home from work, I sat down at the piano and played and sang for a while

I'm thankful I have the opportunity to sing praise to Him.

I've been enjoying jobs that are closer to home the past couple months

but that will be coming to an end beginning next week


I wrote the above last Thursday, but ended up falling asleep and never getting it posted

I'm thankful for sleep

thankful for the way God has designed our bodies to be refreshed by sleep

I'm thankful for the opportunity to spend some time with our daughter and son in law this past weekend

it's always a joy to have family around

we will have more family coming in this weekend

and a gathering of some extended family on Sound

I'm thankful for the bond God gives us as families

as I see the breakdown of families in our culture and the deception of redefining marriage and family, I'm grieved at how far we've fallen from God's design

I'm thankful for my faithful wife

thankful for the years God has blessed us with

thankful for each day He gives us to live and serve together

I'm thankful for the commitment we share to walk life's road together 

it's not always an easy path, but God gives us grace for each twist and turn

thankful He is our strength

thankful He is the glue that holds us together

I'm thankful God is a shield about us, He is the lifter of our heads

I'm thankful God establishes my path and directs my steps as I depend on Him

I'm thankful for the peace God offers

peace that goes beyond my comprehension

thankful for the way it guards my heart and mind

I'm thankful for joy

I'm thankful for quiet moments to sit and reflect on God's goodness and faithfulness

No comments:

Post a Comment