Thursday, September 15, 2022

Thankful Thursday


it's another Thursday evening

time for some reflection and expression of gratitude

I'm thankful for God's word, living and active, powerful, life changing

thankful for God's promise that His word does not return void

it accomplishes His purposes

thankful for how God reveals Himself in His word

I'm thankful for the Living Word, Christ Jesus

I've been reading through the Gospels

taking another look at the documentation of Jesus' life

I'm thankful God sent Jesus to be our Savior and our example

I'm thankful for music

thankful for songs that put Scripture to music

thankful for how God has been bringing those songs to mind throughout my day

I love being able to worship in song as I work

I'm thankful for enjoyable work, for being able to see the fruits of my labor each day

I'm thankful for friendship

God has definitely blessed me with some solid friendships

I'm thankful for the encouragement I receive from brothers

thankful for those who pray for me regularly

I'm thankful for family

even though they are scattered around the country

I'm thankful for phone calls, FaceTime, Skype, and Zoom

thankful for the technology that allows me to stay connected with family

thankful too for visits from family

I'm thankful for God's peace

Life has had its twists and turns lately

but through it all there is a quiet confidence knowing God is in control

thankful He loves me and is working for my good and His glory

I'm thankful for the joy God gives as I trust Him and follow Him

I'm thankful He is the One who directs my steps

I don't know what lies around the bend

but God does and He has proved His faithfulness over and over in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment