Thursday, December 8, 2022

Thankful Thursday


my heart is filled with gratitude

God is good

He is my salvation

I'm thankful for His mercy and grace

thankful God is my defender

thankful He is the lifter of my head

I'm thankful for God's promise of His presence

thankful He walks with me through every circumstance I face

I attended a friend's funeral on Saturday

his family is grieving

but they also have hope

I'm thankful God gives hope

thankful this world is not my final home

my friend was strong in his faith, and passed that strength of faith on to his family

I had the opportunity to see the production "David" at Sight and Sound  today

such a sell produced show giving glory to God

it was a good reminder of the importance of worship

it also brought out God's compassion for His people

and the importance of repentance

I'm thankful God is forgiving

thankful He is the creator of heaven and earth

I'm thankful that God draws near to those who draw near to Him

thankful He gives me songs in the night

I'm thankful God blesses His people with peaceful sleep

thankful He invited me to come and find rest in Him when I'm overwhelmed by the cares of this world

I'm thankful God is a listener

thankful He invites me to call out to Him

thankful God is "abundant in lovingkindness and truth to all who call on Him."

I had the opportunity to pray with a friend this evening

he called me to give me the news that his wife was just diagnosed with cancer

I'm thankful for friends who I'm privileged to share life with

thankful for their prayers for me

and thankful I can pray for them

I'm thankful for the confidence that God does hear and respond when I call upon Him

I'm thankful for this season of year when we celebrate God's gift in sending His Son to walk among men

I'm thankful God is Immanuel

God with us

so thankful He is with me 

No comments:

Post a Comment