Thursday, December 29, 2022

Thankful Thursday


I'm thankful for 38 years

38 years loving the wife of my youth

38 years walking through life with my best friend

38 years of experiencing God's favor and grace

I was so young and clueless when I married Chris back in 1984

but I knew one thing--I needed God's help if I was going to be the husband He called me to be

And He has been my Helper 

I'm thankful for His promise to respond when I call upon Him

I'm thankful God is faithful

thankful He is patient

I'm thankful for the paths God has led us down

life has definitely been an adventure

I'm thankful for God's word

for the instruction He gives to me as a husband

it's good to have a guidebook when facing the challenges of life

I'm thankful for the example of Jesus in loving His church

His life of sacrifice  is the bedrock for making marriage work

I'm called to give myself up for Chris and nurture her

I haven't always known what that was supposed to look like

but I'm thankful God has been patiently teaching me 

and thankful He continues to teach me as I seek Him

I'm thankful God has blessed Chris and me with children and grandsons

it has been a joy to all be together this Christmas

I'm thankful God has been my provider throughout the years

I'm thankful He knows my needs and promises to supply those needs

I'm thankful God is always present

thankful He walks by my side every moment of every day

where would I be without God?

so thankful I never have to find out

No comments:

Post a Comment