Thursday, December 22, 2022

Thankful Thursday


I'm thankful for shelter this evening

it's a cold and rainy night

I'm thankful for God's provision

there are so many comforts that He has blessed me with

many of them I simply take for granted

but I know there are people tonight who don't have a roof over their head or a bed to sleep in

I'm thankful God brought all of our kids home for Christmas

it is such a blessing to all be together

sitting around the dinner table tonight was very special

I'm thankful for this time of year

thankful for Jesus

thankful He willingly gave up His place in glory to come and live among men

I'm thankful God had a plan in place even before the creation of the world

that His Son would be the sacrificial Lamb who payed the penalty for man's sin

I'm thankful for the newness of life that comes through trusting in Jesus

I'm thankful for freedom from fear

I was reminded today that there are 365 times in Scripture where we are told not to fear

once for each day of the year

I'm thankful God is always present

thankful for His nearness

I'm thankful that although I think up plans God is the one who directs my steps

I'm thankful He is the Sovereign Lord

thankful there's never a plan B with Him

I'm thankful for the grace God provides in every circumstance

I'm thankful that His strength is perfected in my weakness

I'm thankful God never grows weary or tired

and I'm thankful for His patience with me

I'm thankful God's mercy is new every morning

thankful for His faithfulness

I know I can trust Him

thankful He is the same yesterday, today, and forever

I'm thankful God is truth

thankful He is a promise keeper

I know that what God says He will do, He does

every time, every day 

No comments:

Post a Comment