Thursday, January 5, 2023

Thankful Thursday


it's a new year

I'm thankful God brought me through another year

thankful for His direction and protection in 2022

I'm thankful that God is the source of my strength

thankful that He continually puts a song in  my heart and His praise on my lips

I'm thankful for God's peace which guards my heart and mind

I'm thankful for God's faithfulness

thankful He is always with me

I'm thankful God knows my needs

and grateful He provides for those needs

I'm thankful for the skills God has given me

and thankful for the opportunities to use those skills in serving others

I'm thankful for the reminder from a friend today that God is my source

I know that without Him I can do nothing

but thankful that I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength

I'm thankful for my job, and specifically for my bosses

I had breakfast with them one morning this week

thankful for the tone of our conversation

and thankful they took time to pray for me as we were wrapping up our time together

I'm grateful to be part of a company that strives to honor God

I'm thankful God speaks to me through His word

thankful it is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness

I'm thankful I don't have to try and figure everything out on my own

grateful God is in the business of providing wisdom when I am lacking it

I've been meditating on Ps. 139 quite a bit recently

I'm actually working on writing a song from that psalm

I'm grateful God is the One who created me, formed me in my mother's womb, and knows the number of my days

thankful I am fearfully and wonderfully made

I'm thankful there is nothing that can separate me from God and His love for me

thankful He examines my heart and mind and reveals areas where I need transformation and growth

I'm thankful God guides me in His righteous path

and thankful that path will eventually lead me to His eternal home

No comments:

Post a Comment