Thursday, January 26, 2023

Thankful Thursday


I am very conscious of how much I have to be thankful for

and I try to make gratitude a part of each day

I believe it does make a difference

I remember hearing a statement years ago that 

"attitude determines your altitude"

and having an attitude of gratitude gives me the ability to soar

I don't want to be trudging through life

Jesus said that He came to give His followers abundant life

I'm thankful Jesus came

thankful for His example in living as a servant

thankful for His teaching as recorded in the 4 gospels

I'm thankful for His death on the cross

becoming the ultimate sacrifice for my sins

I'm thankful Jesus is no longer buried in a tomb

He is alive and active in my life

I'm thankful that because of His resurrection I now experience newness of life

I'm thankful God is the giver and sustainer of life

I'm thankful He is above all things

I'm thankful God is the creator 

thankful He owns the universe and rules in majesty over it

I'm thankful God is my source

thankful He provides for all my needs

I'm thankful for God's knowledge of me

I've been spending some time meditating on Psalm 139

in verses 5 and 6 the psalmist describes God's caring presence and says the knowledge of that is too wonderful for him to understand

in verse 18 he says that God's thoughts about him outnumber the sand!

I'm very thankful God considers me, a mere speck in the scope of the universe, and knows me completely

I'm thankful nothing ever catches Him by surprise

I'm thankful God is a refuge for me

thankful He gives strength for each day

I'm thankful God doesn't deal with me as my sin deserves

thankful He is gracious and merciful

I'm thankful God is my loving Father

I'm thankful His love is an everlasting love

thankful there is nothing that can separate me from that love

life isn't a stroll down easy street

it can get messy sometimes

but I'm thankful God is with me in the messiness of life

thankful that He patiently guides me and directs my steps 

No comments:

Post a Comment