Thursday, June 29, 2017

Thankful Thursday

 
 
The love of God--
 
can't comprehend it
 
can't plumb its depths
 
can't fully describe it
 
But I know it and have been touched and changed by it
 
And for that I am extremely grateful
 
It's Thursday, the day I try to take some time to put down in writing the things I've been thinking about being thankful for all week
 
Today I thank God for
 
His patience
 
His creativity
 
His artistic ability--as seen from my Adirondack chair in the back yard most evenings
 
His provision
 
the fact that He puts a song in my heart
 
the direction He gives each day
 
opportunities to tell of His amazing works
 
the chance to serve others with the gifts He provides through His Spirit
 
music
 
the cross where Jesus shed His blood in payment for my sin
 
the truth that Jesus prays for me regularly
 
friends who willingly help out in my times of need
 
my wife--loving companion for 32 1/2 years
 
technology that allows me to communicate with my kids who are scattered all over the country
 
birds that sing praise first thing in the morning
 
my piano
 
His amazing grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment