Thursday, March 15, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
This evening, as I reflect on the many ways I have been blessed by God, I'm reminded that I need to take more time to express my gratitude. 
 
We have had my brother-in-law staying with us this week.  I'm thankful for the opportunity to connect with him.
 
My father-in-law and mother-in-law were here for supper this evening.  It was the first time in quite a while.  I'm very thankful for them, for their love and encouragement, and for the chance to serve them.
 
My little sister had a birthday yesterday.  I won't say how old she is.  I got to talk with her for a few minutes at the beginning of her day to wish her a happy birthday.  I'm thankful for my siblings.  Each one of them contributes in some way to my life.
 
I'm also thankful for the family of faith I am privileged to be a part of.  I know I need the connection with my spiritual brothers.  They bless me in more ways than I can count.
 
I'm thankful for my Father in heaven.  I heard a song on my way home from work yesterday that talked about the fact that He knows me completely.  So grateful for His continued presence and patience.
 
I'm thankful for music.  A good friend has been sending me links to songs this week.  They have helped me keep perspective.  And I had a chance to play piano and sing this evening.  Music has a way of soothing and settling.
 
I'm thankful for God's protection.  We had some snow Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.  On my way to work yesterday, I saw numerous accidents and road closures due to accidents.  I've been driving a lot of miles lately.  So grateful God has been keeping me safe.
 
I'm thankful for a warm and dry house.  It's been an unusually cold month.  I'm grateful that the furnace continues to work, and there's hot water for a shower when I get home in the evening after being out in the cold all day.
 
I'm thankful for Jesus.  In two weeks we will observe a weekend celebration of His death, burial, and resurrection.  I'm grateful that He sacrificed His life so that I might experience life more abundantly.
 
I'm thankful for God's grace and mercy.  He has spared me from the punishment I deserve, and continues to pour out blessing on me that I don't deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment