Thursday, March 29, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
Well, I fell asleep on the couch, and it's after midnight, so I'm officially late with my Thankful Thursday post
 
I'm thankful that God is never late; His timing is perfect.
 
It's been a physically draining week; working hard on a project that involves a lot of heavy lifting
 
I'm thankful for God's provision of work and energy to perform it
 
It's a reminder for me of the time Jesus spent in the garden before His death
 
He was drained and pleading with the Father if there wasn't some other way
 
And yet He submitted to going the distance as the perfect sacrifice for my sin
 
I'm thankful for a God who delights in reconciling people to Himself
 
Thankful for His sacrifice
 
I'm thankful for the newness of life He offers to all who believe
 
This is the day we remember Jesus' death on the cross
 
But I'm thankful He is no longer dead, but alive and sitting at the right hand of the Father
 
I'm thankful that He prays for me, continually asking the Father to help me
 
He is my defense attorney when I slip into sin
 
I'm thankful Jesus bore God's wrath against sin so that I wouldn't need to
 
I'm thankful for the empty tomb; evidence of our risen Lord
 
I'm thankful the war has been won
 
I'm thankful for God's amazing grace
 


No comments:

Post a Comment