Thursday, March 8, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
As I mentioned last week, I had the privilege of serving those affected by hurricane Harvey with a team from my church
 
I'm thankful for that opportunity
 
I'm thankful God allowed me to see two of my children during that trip
 
sometimes as a father, I wonder how my kids are really doing.  I hear what they are saying, or see something they post on social media.  But I don't know if I'm getting the full story or just what they want me to hear or see.  So it was good for me to hear comments made by others about both of my kids as I spent time in their worlds.  I'm thankful for what God is doing in and through them, and what He is teaching them and me about trusting Him
 
I'm thankful for how God has been providing for my wife and me during this season of uncertainty
 
I'm thankful God is faithful and patient with me
 
I'm thankful for friends He sends to support and encourage
 
I'm thankful for quiet evenings and restful nights
 
I'm thankful for God's word, for instruction, for promises, for unswerving truths
 
I'm thankful that God is the giver of life
 
I'm thankful He is a protector
 


No comments:

Post a Comment