Thursday, May 10, 2018

Thankful Thursday


I drove for 13 hours yesterday

Pennsylvania to Missouri

I'm thankful for a safe journey

There were a couple scary moments

But God was providing a shield of protection around our vehicle

I'm thankful for the opportunity to be with my kids

I got to work with my son, Adam, today

What a joy to share that time with him preparing for a weekend of ministering to junior high aged boys

I'm thankful for the commitment Carl has to invest in the lives of young men

and thankful I get to participate this year

I'm thankful my daughter, Abigail, will also be joining us

she flies in tomorrow evening

our whole family will be together on Saturday

and Chris will get to see all the kids on Mother's Day

I'm thankful for the family God has blessed me with

thankful for the work He is doing in each of their lives

grateful for His grace that overcomes my failures as a parent

I continue to see God's hand of provision as I seek full time employment

I'm thankful for His faithfulness

thankful for relationships He has allowed me to build

and the way He uses those relationships to provide new connections

I'm looking forward to what He has in store for the next stage of my life

I know I can trust Him 

I'm thankful for that confidence and assurance

Each day, as I experience God's goodness I'm reminded of how much I truly have to be thankful for

Praise His holy name!

1 comment: