Thursday, May 17, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
I've been reading in John 3 recently
 
It contains a very interesting conversation between Jesus and Nicodemus
 
Nick comes to Jesus at night
 
and starts off the conversation claiming to know that Jesus has come from God
 
Jesus doesn't pull any punches, but flat out tells him that he, nor anyone else, can't even recognize the kingdom of God unless they are born again
 
that's quite the challenging statement
 
I'm thankful that I have been born again
 
thankful God has opened my eyes to be able to see His kingdom
 
I'm grateful that even in my moments of weakness
 
God continues to intervene and bring growth and healing
 
I'm thankful He offers me forgiveness
 
I'm thankful that because of my belief, I'm now given the right to be a child of God
 
I'm thankful that even before time began, God put in motion the plan to save the world
 
As Jesus put it, just like Moses had to put the brazen serpent up on a pole where all the people infected by snake bites could see it and be healed, in the same way He would be lifted up on a cross to bring healing to all who believe.
 
I'm thankful God looks on me with compassion
 
allows His mercy to guide His responses
 
and reveals His grace and truth
 
I'm thankful God delights in reconciling people to himself
 
I'm thankful He sent Jesus, not to condemn the world, but to save
 
I'm thankful God's gift of love is freely offered to all
 
Hallelujah, what a Savior!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment