Thursday, May 3, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
Today was the national day of prayer
 
I am thankful for prayer
 
thankful for the confidence that when I pray, God hears and responds
 
I'm thankful God invites us to communicate with Him through prayer
 
I'm thankful for the power that is unleashed when we pray
 
God is infinite, I am finite
 
He is powerful, I am weak
 
God is wise, I am foolish
 
He is unchanging, I get distracted and swayed by the next whim that catches my attention
 
God is faithful, even when I am faithless
 
He is the One who calms my fears
 
He calms the storms of life
 
He graciously provides and protects
 
I am thankful God has chosen me to be His son and adopted me into His family
 
I'm thankful God loves sinful men and offers forgiveness through the blood of His Son, Jesus
 
For the past 20 years or so, I have prayed daily with my wife
 
I'm thankful for a life companion who supports and encourages me in my relationship with my heavenly Father
 
I know that many of the blessings I have received are a result of her faithful prayers for me
 
I'm thankful for my kids who regularly pray for me
 
I'm thankful for friends who speak to God on my behalf
 
I'm thankful Jesus intercedes for me at the right hand of the Father
 
while He walked this earth, He had a lot to say about prayer
 
He modeled the need for getting alone with God
 
He taught His disciples to pray
 
He told them what results they would see if they had the faith to ask
 
I'm thankful God's ears are always open to my cries
 
and to yours...   

No comments:

Post a Comment