Thursday, July 19, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
Prayer: the privilege I have to talk directly with the Father, the creator of the universe, King of kings and Lord of lords
 
I can't even begin to express how grateful I am for this gift
 
And I am not alone in this communication with God
 
Scripture tells me that Jesus is continually making intercession for me at the right hand of the Father
 
How amazing!  I am so thankful for His prayers on my behalf
 
I've been reading in John 17 recently.  I'm challenged and encouraged by the things Jesus prays for me in this chapter
 
He prays for preservation; that the Father would keep me in His name
 
He prays for unity among His people
 
He prays for His joy to fill me up
 
He asks the Father to guard me from the evil one
 
He prays for my sanctification which comes through the truth found in His word
 
He prays that my life would bear testimony of His love so that others would believe
 
He prays that His love would flow through me
 
And He prays that I would be with Him
 
I'm so thankful that Jesus is my advocate before the Father
 
It is His blood that cleanses me and gives me right standing before God
 
I'm thankful for His sacrifice in going to the cross, suffering unimaginable physical pain, and being separated from His Father because of my sin
 
He cried out on the cross, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
 
It was because He carried My sin that the Father had to look away and break the bond shared with His Son from eternity past
 
And in spite of that, in spite of my ongoing wretchedness, He loves me enough to approach God the Father for me and ask Him for these things.
 
I'm also very thankful for God's Spirit, who helps me when I don't even know how to pray,  taking up my cause before the Father
 
I've recently been seeing how powerful and faithful God is in responding to the prayers of His people
 
I'm thankful He is not limited in any way like I am
 
He has grace in abundance,
 
His mercies are new every morning,
 
He is a healer,
 
a protector,
 
He knows me completely,
 
and He loves with an everlasting love.
 
I am thankful!
 
None of this is deserved
 
If I got what I deserved, I'd most likely be in some prison cell or my body would be in the grave
 
but thankfully Christ bore that shame for me.
 
Can't wait to see Him face to face and express my gratitude in His presence

No comments:

Post a Comment