Thursday, July 12, 2018

Thankful Thursday


God has been reminding me recently that He is a gracious and merciful Father

I'm so thankful for His ongoing work of reconciliation in my life

I'm grateful for a conversation I had with a dear brother this morning which was a testimony of God's goodness in his life

Last Saturday, I had a call from my son, informing me he had just been in an accident.  After seeing pictures of the truck he was driving, we are convinced that it's a miracle he and his passengers were not seriously injured or even killed.  I'm very thankful God spared him on so many fronts

That phone call has caused me to be more thoughtful as I've been driving.  I know my driving better than to believe that the fact I haven't been involved in many accidents is to my credit.  God has been faithful in keeping me from harm, keeping me alert, and guarding me even when I take unnecessary risks.  I'm so thankful He is always with me

That was another source of comfort on Saturday.  I just wanted to be able to wrap my arms around my son and let him know it was going to be okay.  I couldn't do that, but I knew God was right there with him.  With my kids scattered all over the country, I'm very thankful God is not limited by time and space like I am.

Today, I drove a few hundred miles on my way to visit our daughter in Louisiana.  I'm thankful for the opportunity to see her and her new home.  And thankful for friends along the way who graciously opened their home to us for a night of sleep.

I'm thankful God has created our bodies in such a way that they are able to heal themselves.  I recently had a conversation with a friend about this, recalling several occasions when I have experienced this first hand.  Just thinking about the way our bodies function blows my mind.

My heart is filled with gratitude this evening as I reflect on the many ways God reveals Himself each day.  I regularly pray that He will open my eyes to see Him more clearly, and He does!  Jesus told us in Matt. 7 we should ask, seek, and knock.  How thankful I am that He responds when I obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment