Thursday, July 26, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
Sometimes I don't realize how much I take the blessings of life for granted
 
I easily slip into an entitlement mentality
 
And when I suddenly don't have something, I feel cheated or mistreated
 
But life is full of uncertainties
 
And I really don't deserve any of the good things I enjoy
 
One thing is certain; there is coming a day when I will stand before my Maker
 
On that day, only one thing will matter
 
He won't ask me how good I was
 
or how many religious activities I was involved in
 
or how many hours I put in on the job trying to provide for my family
 
Did I believe that Jesus was the Son of God, the perfect sacrifice for my sin, and acknowledge Him as my Savior and Lord?
 
I am thankful God reached out and touched me
 
I'm grateful I learned about Jesus and His love for me that took Him to the cross
 
I know that because of His death and resurrection I will have eternity to express that gratitude
 
And meanwhile, I have opportunities everyday to express my thankfulness
 
Sometimes I do well at that
 
some days I get stuck in the pity party mode
 
I'm thankful for God's patience with me
 
He knows I need His grace and mercy
 
And He gives it to me generously
 
I'm thankful God doesn't look down on me when I ask for His help
 
He loves me and is glad to respond to my requests
 
I'm thankful that in a world of constant change He remains the same
 
He is my rock, a solid foundation I can build on
 
I'm thankful He invites me to come; He waits with open arms for those who put their trust in Him
 
He is my shield, I have nothing to fear
 
I am forever grateful

No comments:

Post a Comment