Thursday, August 23, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
My God is trustworthy
 
He is the creator of the universe
 
He knows each star by name
 
He has established order and placement of stars, galaxies, and solar systems
 
And God holds all of this in the palm of His hands!
 
He is a big God
 
and that's a severe understatement
 
At times I can begin to wonder if my miniscule presence in the midst of this enormous creation even catches His attention
 
I have a feeling of insignificance at times
 
But...
 
I love that word
 
it indicates a shift; a change in direction
 
and when you add a name after it
 
suddenly it gains importance
 
But God...
 
I'm so thankful for that short phrase found in Eph. 2
 
"But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He love us..."
 
who did He love?
 
God loves me, and you, and all of the yous who have ever lived
 
and because of that love He sent Jesus, His beloved and perfect Son, to offer us grace
 
this same Jesus now sits next to God the Father, praying for me!
 
Oh how thankful I am for those prayers
 
Last week I told you about my little detour
 
during that drive, I had a conversation with God
 
I knew He knew about my son's need of a truck
 
I also believed that God had a truck for Adam, and He wanted us to ask Him to provide that truck and trust Him to do it
 
so I asked
 
I invited God to show off and reveal His glory by providing a truck for Adam
 
I wanted my son to see God move
 
I wanted his faith to be strengthened and encouraged
 
I won't go into all the details, but let me just go on record to say that God answered that invitation
 
Adam was given a truck, which he picked up today
 
And my faith was once again bolstered
 
I'm thankful God hears when I call
 
I'm thankful He knows me completely
 
I'm grateful He cares about every little detail
 
Scripture says He even has every hair on my head counted!
 
so when I start to get discouraged and feeling insignificant
 
I go back to that little phrase with a big meaning
 
But God...
 
I'm thankful He has redeemed me
 
and adopted me into His family
 
I'm eternally grateful my name is written in the Lamb's book of life
 
I have an inheritance that won't pass away
 
I can say along with the psalmist,
 
"When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars which You have ordained; what is man, that You take thought of him?  And the son of man, that You care for him?"
 
I'm so thankful He cares
 
And grateful He demonstrates that caring in tangible ways that I can see


No comments:

Post a Comment