Thursday, August 30, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
I've been seeing God answer specific prayers a lot lately
 
This morning was another example of that
 
I had a project at work that I was a bit nervous about
 
It wasn't something I hadn't done before, but it was one that I knew could present some challenges
 
As I was driving to work, I was talking with God, and expressed some of my uneasiness to Him.  It wasn't like He didn't already know how I felt!
 
I asked Him to give me wisdom in tackling the project, to allow it to go smoothly and not take a lot of time.
 
When I got to the job site, I realized I wasn't going to be able to do this project by myself
 
So I made a phone call, and shortly, help was on the way
 
With another set of hands, it went very smoothly, and was done efficiently and quickly
 
Once again, God came through!  He sent me just the right person to help me think through the process and get it wrapped up
 
I'm very thankful God keeps His word
 
He tells us to ask and it will be given to us; to seek and we will find what we are looking for, and to knock on doors which will open for us
 
And as I did that this morning, I had confidence that He would respond
 
I'm thankful for the confidence I have in my Father
 
thankful that He always has been and always will be faithful
 
I'm thankful He has adopted me into His family, made me His son and promised an inheritance of spending eternity in His presence
 
I'm thankful for my kids; the relationship I have with them, the connections we are able to have because of technology, the things I see God doing in their lives.
 
And oh, by the way, my son's truck has been running very well for him.  He's in Louisiana, and will finish his trip back to Texas tomorrow.  Thanks again God, for your provision!
 
Tomorrow, we head for upstate NY to visit with family for the weekend
 
I'm thankful for the flexibility in my schedule with my new job to be able to take an extra day off to make this trip.  Just another example of God's generosity in providing for our needs
 
I have seen God's hand, heard His voice, and can testify that He is good--all the time
 


No comments:

Post a Comment