Thursday, August 2, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
I've been falling asleep on our couch a lot lately
 
It's a good feeling to come home tired at the end of a day of work
 
I'm thankful for the job God has provided for me
 
And I'm thankful I have a comfortable couch to sit on and a roof over my head
 
With all the rain we've been getting lately, I've been reminded of the blessing it is to have a place of shelter from the weather
 
God is my shelter
 
He provides a place of refuge not only from the physical storms of life, but the spiritual and emotional storms as well
 
I'm so thankful I can run into His loving arms at any time
 
grateful that His ears are always open to my cries
 
I'm thankful God is continuing His transforming work in me
 
I can see signs of growth, which is encouraging,
 
but even more of a blessing is when others comment that they see growth
 
I was reading Jesus' parable of the sower the other day
 
it got me thinking about what kind of soil most describes me
 
and I was praying for myself and for others I'm involved with that we would not be distracted as we take in God's word, but would be fruitful
 
I'm thankful for God's word; thankful it is living and active
 
I'm grateful for those who have made sacrifices which allow me to read His word in my own language
 
I'm thankful for that cloud of witnesses to God's faithfulness
 
and the stimulus they provide for me to continue growing in my faith
 
I know I can throw aside doubt and fear and anything else that would hinder my growth
 
I'm thankful Jesus lived an exemplary life of trust and dependence on the Father
 
I want to be fixing my eyes on Him and reflecting Him to the world around me

No comments:

Post a Comment