Thursday, August 9, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
time in the word
 
early morning prayer with my wife
 
clean water
 
a safe vehicle to drive
 
talking with my Father on the drive to work
 
sunrise, and sunshine throughout the day
 
enjoyable work; working with my hands; seeing progress
 
a delicious lunch made by my sweetheart
 
friends to share the journey with
 
technology that allows me to connect with others around the country
 
grilling burgers for supper
 
time in my woodshop working on a project for my wife
 
conversation with my niece
 
my cozy spot on the couch; sitting with my darling
 
These are just a sampling of the things I had to be thankful for this Thursday
 
I could elaborate and expand on any of them
 
but I won't bore you with the details, which in the end aren't the crucial part
 
what's important is the focus of my heart
 
were there things I could complain about today?
 
I suppose, but I'm gonna shout anyway!
 
as the line of a favorite song of mine asks
 
"How can I keep from singing Your praise?"
 
"How can I keep from shouting Your name?"
 
When the man who Jesus freed from demon-possession wanted to get in the boat and accompany Jesus on His journey, Jesus responded by telling him to go home to his people instead and tell them about the great things God had done for him and how he had been shown mercy
 
That's what I want to be about, that's how I want to be known; as one who is sharing with others the great things I have seen God do in my life, and how I am experiencing His mercy every day
 
In four days I get to see my son.  I'm going to embrace him with a very grateful heart
 
I know parents who have lost their children and wish they had one more chance to give that child a hug and let them know how much they love them.  I'm thankful for every opportunity I have to talk with and hug my kids. 
 
A wise man once said, "Children are a blessing from the Lord..."
 
How true that is
 
Sometimes it takes great tragedy for me to understand truth
 
I'm thankful God doesn't always give me what I deserve, but rather invites me to come and partake of His grace, find strength in His embrace, and rest in the confidence of His amazing love
 
I don't want to miss an opportunity to say "Thank You, Lord."
 
He is worthy of all my praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment