Thursday, November 29, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
I met with my protégé last evening
 
we were talking about grace
 
specifically about extending the grace we have received to those around us; especially our wives
 
I am very thankful for the grace God has shown me
 
thankful for salvation that comes by grace through faith
 
I'm thankful for God's word and the opportunity to study it together with other men
 
It was encouraging and challenging to do that last evening
 
I'm thankful for the opportunities God has given me to invest in others
 
One of those opportunities is coming up on Saturday when I will be using my musical gifts to participate in a funeral service
 
I'm honored to be asked to do this, and grateful for the relational growth that comes out of it
 
Often in these situations, I don't feel worthy
 
But I'm thankful God chooses to use me as His servant, not based on my worth, but based on the redemptive work of Christ's shed blood on the cross
 
Because I've been washed clean, He sees me as righteous
 
Thankful for the mystery of His transforming power
 
and so grateful He called me out of darkness into His glorious light
 
I'm thankful for those who walk this journey alongside me
 
as we talked last evening, one of the verses we looked at was in 1 Peter 3 where we are told as husbands that our wives are fellow heirs of the grace of life
 
So thankful for my wife, thankful she is also my sister in Christ
 
grateful for the conversations we can have about faith
 
as we trust God in this new season of our lives, and seek His direction for how we can serve Him as a couple, I'm thankful we have a shared vision
 
the road ahead may be uncertain, but I'm thankful for the confidence that we will walk that road together
 
I'm thankful for the many ways God has poured out His blessing in my life
 
His mercies are new every morning
 
He is compassionate and gracious
 
He does not look on my needs with reproach, but gives generously
 
and He calls me to follow His example and be generous in my responses to others
 
I'm thankful for His patience with me when I stumble along
 
And grateful that He continually upholds me with His righteous right hands
 
I'm very thankful that a day is coming when I will see Jesus and God the Father face to face and forever be in awe of Him and worship Him as He truly deserves

No comments:

Post a Comment