Thursday, November 8, 2018

Thankful Thursday

 
 
When God created man, He recognized that "it is not good for man to be alone"
 
so He created Eve to be a companion for Adam
 
I have a sense of what Adam felt when he met Eve.
 
There was a recognition of the blessing he had received.
 
I know that my wife completes me.  I'm not the same without her
 
Prov. 18:22 tells me that she is an expression of God's favor toward me
 
When I picked Chris up at the airport on Saturday, I definitely had that sense of enjoying God's favor
 
I'm so very thankful I get to share my life with her
 
I'm thankful God chose to bring her into my life.  She is one of His greatest gifts to me
 
I'm grateful for the team we make; serving alongside her is such a blessing
 
I'm thankful for the balance she brings in my life, for her strengths that help to compensate for my weaknesses
 
I'm thankful God recognizes my needs
 
Thankful He saw my greatest need and sent Jesus to pay the penalty for my sin
 
I'm thankful His love motivates Him to action
 
I'm thankful He is generous toward me, His son
 
I'm grateful when I express my needs to Him He does not respond with condemnation or reproach
 
As I write this, I'm sitting in Colorado with my wife and son
 
We flew out here to attend our niece's wedding
 
and so another couple will be joined together in God's great design of marriage
 
I'm thankful for the opportunity to celebrate this event with family
 
I'm thankful for my family, my growing family!
 
I'm thankful God has allowed me to be a father, and now a grandfather as well
 
I'm hopeful He will use me to leave a godly legacy in the lives of my family
 
I'm thankful His grace is sufficient, that His power is perfected in my weakness
 
I'm thankful God's mercies are new every morning
 
It gives me courage to face each new day
 


No comments:

Post a Comment