Thursday, January 10, 2019

Thankful Thursday

 
 
It's been an interesting week
 
one filled with some challenges, but also an awareness of God's goodness
 
I'm thankful He provides perspective in the midst of the everydayness of life
 
I'm thankful God hears and responds to prayer
 
He knows my needs even before I ask, and is always working to reveal Himself
 
Isaiah tells me that God brings blessing and calamity into my life to help me understand who He is
 
Sometimes I just need to be reminded He deserves my praise and gratitude
 
what am I focused on?  my circumstances or my God
 
the focal point changes everything!
 
I'm thankful God is a rock; He is unmovable and unshakable.
 
I'm thankful His ears are always open to my cries
 
His eyes see everything I am dealing with
 
His hands hold me and shelter me
 
I'm thankful for specific answers to prayer that bolster my faith
 
my wife and I started taking a course this week called "Perspectives on the World Christian Movement"
 
I'm excited to see how God will use it to help shape my perspective
 
I'm thankful for opportunities like this which God provides to bring growth in my understanding of Him
 
today was my mother-in-law's birthday
 
I'm thankful for the 83 years of life God has blessed her with
 
thankful we still have her here with us; thankful for her sweet spirit
 
I'm thankful for the way God has prompted me to take these few minutes on Thursday evening to just reflect on His faithfulness
 
It certainly helps me to stay anchored
 
I'm thankful for His grace toward me

No comments:

Post a Comment