Thursday, January 24, 2019

Thankful Thursday

 
 
My wife and I have started taking a course called "Perspectives on the Christian World Movement"
 
The first lesson was focused on God's mission to save the world
 
The second lesson dealt with the story of God's glory
 
I'm thankful for the opportunity God has given us to be a part of this learning experience
 
I'm very grateful that God delights in reconciling people to Himself, and that He invites me as His son to participate in that process as His ambassador
 
I'm also thankful that it's never about me, He is the focal point; He deserves all the glory
 
I'm thankful that because of God's mercy, He saved me, lifted me up out of the darkness of sin, and adopted me into His family
 
I'm thankful He didn't wait for me to "get my act together"
 
He revealed Himself, and in that revelation, he exposed my sinful condition and my desperate need for a Savior
 
I'm thankful Christ became the final sacrifice for sin, the Passover Lamb
 
Thankful that His shed blood covers all my sin and cleanses me from unrighteousness
 
I'm thankful for God's promise to Abraham that in him all the nations would be blessed, and grateful for the fulfillment of that promise still ongoing today as men and women around the world receive the gospel message and find newness of life in Jesus
 
I'm thankful for the glory God receives as a result of the salvation experience
 
It's been encouraging to be reminded how the story of redemption carries all the way through the Scriptures, beginning in Genesis right after the fall, and ending in Revelation as a great multitude from every nation is seen worshiping around the throne of God
 
I'm thankful God is big enough to love the whole world, and yet at the same time personal enough to care for me as an individual
 
I know that it is only by His grace I'm here today
 
I'm thankful Jesus came to bring joy to the world, to give me an abundant and full life
 
I'm thankful God invites me each day to come, walk in the light, and enjoy fellowship with Him
 
He is my rock
 
He is my song
 
He is my deliverer
 
who does no wrong
 
He is my peace
 
He is my friend
 
He is my strength
 
Faithful to the end

No comments:

Post a Comment