Thursday, May 2, 2019

Thankful Thursday


Today is National Day of Prayer

As I do each morning, I started the day off praying with my wife

I'm very thankful for the commitment we share to make that a priority in our relationship

I'm thankful for the privilege of prayer

thankful for God's promise that when I pray He hears and responds

I'm thankful for the power that is released when I pray

Because ultimately, prayer is acknowledging my need for God to be in control of my life and circumstances

God is sovereign.  He is in charge.  He controls everything anyway, so it just makes sense for me to acknowledge that and yield to His control

I'm thankful He is patient with me when I'm slow to understand

I'm thankful God invites me to bring my requests to Him

I'm thankful Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father right now, praying for me

I'm thankful God's Spirit prays for me when I can't find the words to say

prayer is a gift

I want to receive it and put it to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment