Thursday, May 30, 2019

Thankful Thursday


Sometimes God blesses me with friends I don't deserve!

Many of my friends might say most of the time that is true. :)

I met my friend Mark back in 2006 as we served together in southern Louisiana

We stayed in touch cross country over the next 5 years, and reconnected in person just before I left Louisiana in 2012

since then we have talked and prayed together on the phone many times. 

Our fellowship has been sweet even though we haven't seen each other in 7 years

but tonight that changes!!

I'm currently in Cincinnati waiting for him and his wife to arrive

we will be spending the next couple of days together visiting the Ark Encounter and the Creation Museum

I'm so thankful.  He has encouraged and challenged me from afar, but it will be so good to give him a hug tonight.

I met my friend Rick on my first visit to Missouri to visit my daughter and son-in-law

we connected as brothers in Christ, and he began praying for me

I can't describe how grateful I am for those prayers

This morning I got to see him at Panera in Rolla, MO and catch up for an hour or so

He told me it was great to see me.

But the pleasure was all mine

I'm thankful for friends who stand with me even though we are separated by many miles

Christ gives us a bond that adds value to relationships, taking them to a higher level 

There are many others who could make the list of faithful friends

I'm thankful God is abundant and extravagant in His gifts to me

And it is especially sweet when I get some face to face time with those who love me from afar.


No comments:

Post a Comment