Thursday, May 16, 2019

Thankful Thursday


As I pause on this Thursday evening to reflect on all I have to be thankful for

I'm reminded how blessed I am to be a part of God's family

I'm thankful He rescued me out of the darkness of sin

thankful I have hope as an anchor for my soul

thankful Jesus came in obedience to the Father

thankful for brothers and sisters who would otherwise just be strangers

thankful for a Father who loves me

a Father who corrects and instructs me

I'm thankful for the Holy Spirit who guides and helps me

I know how lost I was before I met Jesus that January night in 1980

I'm thankful God had mercy on me, allowed me to see His grace

I'm thankful He had prepared my heart to repent and receive forgiveness

I'm thankful for people who have encouraged me along my journey

I'm thankful for a new opportunity for growth

on Saturday morning, I will start meeting with a mentor

I'm looking forward to how God will use this in my life 

I'm thankful He patiently works

transforming me and continuing His sanctification process

I'm thankful God walks with me each step of the way

His presence is a comfort, and His wisdom sure comes in handy when I'm facing some difficult situation

I'm thankful there's never anything that surprises Him or stumps Him

I know He knows

I'm His grateful son!

No comments:

Post a Comment