Thursday, January 9, 2020

Thankful Thursday


this will be short, as it is midnight and I fell asleep on the couch once again

I'm thankful for the way God has designed our bodies to rest

work has been taxing lately, but I'm thankful that sleep helps to refresh me

God is such a perfect creator

He knew what we would need and designed us in such a way that our needs can be met

I'm thankful for work

I know there are many who don't have jobs, or if they do have a job, it's one they don't particularly enjoy

I'm blessed to be working in a job that helps bring me satisfaction

as I look at the results of my labor, I'm encouraged

God has given me skills to make changes that beautify the houses I'm working in

I'm thankful for Scripture

I've started memorizing again after a couple years of not focusing on that

I just finished memorizing Ps. 86

it is a powerful passage, with lots of descriptive language about God

I love the verse that describes God this way:
"For You are good, and ready to forgive, and abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You."

I'm so thankful God is good

I'm thankful that even though I'm not good, He extends His forgiveness to me

I'm thankful God's ears are always open to my cries

and thankful His lovingkindness reaches out to me when I call upon Him

memorizing helps me focus, gives direction to my thoughts

I'm very thankful for the power of God's word and for the positive impact it has on my life

and with that I will say, "good night"

No comments:

Post a Comment