Thursday, January 23, 2020

Thankful Thursday


"But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves."

I am thankful for God's word

thankful for the way it encourages me

thankful for the way God uses it to prod me

today was one of those days...

but as I faced some challenging situations, the verses I've been memorizing in James 1 kept coming to mind

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials

and I had to make a choice

would I just be a hearer of those words, or a doer

I'm thankful I can turn to God in those times and acknowledge my struggles

confess my need for His intervention

and then persevere

I'm thankful He gives grace for the trials

I'm thankful God uses testing to produce endurance and maturity in my life

It's not always easy, and certainly not always fun

but He walks with me every step of the way

so I get to jump back into it tomorrow

and I know I can only approach it joyfully with God's help

but I also know that's His desire for me

and I want to walk in obedience

I'm thankful God rewards me when I do


No comments:

Post a Comment