Thursday, November 5, 2020

Thankful Thursday


As I pause this evening to consider what I have to be thankful for my heart is full

I have seen God working, so thankful for that!

thankful He gives me eyes to see and ears to hear His voice

I've been challenged and encouraged by God's word the last couple of weeks in some specific areas I sense God pushing me to allow His transforming work to bring change and healing

I'm thankful for the power of God's word

thankful for His patience with me as I stumble along in this life

thankful that God holds me in His hand, and although I do stumble at times, I am not hurled headlong because He is the One who holds and supports me

I'm thankful for music, and the ability to use music as a form of worship

I'm thankful God gives me a song

the psalmist says that God is our strength and our song

I'm thankful that I have been experiencing both of these truths recently

Work has been challenging and physically taxing, but relying on God, I have been able to keep plugging away

I'm thankful for the expression of God's favor in my life; specifically as seen in my wife

so grateful for the companion she is as we journey together

I'm very thankful for all that she does to make my life enjoyable

I tend to be a messy person, but our home does not reflect that.  She is quite the opposite and works hard to keep our home clean and comfortable

I'm thankful that I am well fed as she takes the time and attention to prepare delicious meals for us

I'm thankful for the bond that we have in Christ and the commitment we both have to beginning each day praying with and for each other

and I'm thankful that she prays for me throughout the day

I'm sure God has spared me from many disasters as a result of answering her prayers

I'm thankful God is my provider.  He faithfully meets all my needs and even gives me some of my wants

I'm thankful God is sovereign, ruling over the nations and all of creation

I'm thankful I'm a recipient of God's mercy and grace

He doesn't give me what I deserve, but instead pours out His riches in Christ Jesus daily

I'm thankful for His everlasting love

I'm thankful when this brief life is passed, I have an eternal home waiting for me in the presence of my Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment